Sunday 15 July 2012

Continuation of working with OT

This week I continued to work on class handling client side of OT. I was afraid that it will be hard to compute all weird situations, but it turned out to be quite easy. Everything is based on "bridge" of operations. New local operations are added to it's back and all incoming server operations should be transformed against all "bridge" operations, which as result gives new bridge and transformed operation which could be applied on local side. My transformation function is quite easy for now and it is able to compute only insert operations. I will have to extend it to handle also element updates and removes. At the end of the week I combined actual whiteboard with classes handling synchronization and I think it works quite well, both whiteboards are the same after putting little mess on them. Here is screencast presenting this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep2YFX39PJk

No comments:

Post a Comment